Arnica Flowers, Organic - 1 lb
Frontier arnica flowers are harvested from cultivated plants of the North American species, a sustainable substitute for the protected European species, Arnica Montana. Arnica is a low-growing perennial with daisy-like flowers with a yellow center and lighter color petals. The flowers are separated from the receptaclesand the bract so that arnica herb consists of the florets. Bristly white hairs attached to the ovary give the herb a somewhat fuzzy appearance.
- A member of the Compositæ or aster family.
- Arnica has a faint aroma and spicy, somewhat bitter flavor.
- Our flowers are from the true arnica species.
- Cultivated by small farmers, the seeds are planted in the spring and harvested when they are in full flower.
- Common names may include Mountain Tobacco, Wolf's Bane, Leopard's Bane and flor de arnica (Spanish).
Safety Guideline: For external use only. Can cause allergic dermatitis with extended use or in sensitive persons. Do not use on open wounds or broken skin.